Sunday, May 18, 2008

Laying down some paint (parts 4 & 5)


pt. 5
Originally uploaded by iamcootis
Ok, so I worked for about 3 hours today putting some paint on the canvas and working in some of the details. I can foresee that the hardest part will be the toes and the ears. The original background of the photograph was pretty crappy and the floor and wall would have clashed with the subject, so I decided to paint the background light blue and white. I don't really have any reason for that except I think it helps the subject jump out a bit, while making it still look like she is kneeling on the floor with a wall/horizon in the background. If I had been thinking about posing this as a real picture I would have put a mirror on the other side, but that would have made this incredible difficult. So, I think I still have a few days to go with this painting. Hopefully, I'll be done by the end of the week. To see part 4, check out my flickr page.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Wow! Looks great!