Wednesday, May 21, 2008

High Cholesterol


cheeseburger #7
Originally uploaded by a.rud.beth
So, we had a health fair at work last week. Everything was pretty normal for me except my cholesterol. My total cholesterol was at 227. Up from 173 last year. You would think I would have to have eaten a cheeseburger and drank a milkshake before they tested me to get that score, but in fact my last meal was about twelve hours prior.

So, in an effort to curb my impending heart attack here are some things I'm cutting out of my diet:
1. Whole milk.
2. Cheeseburgers.
3. Cheese.
4. Eggs

I'm going to change to 2% milk in an effort to finally change to skim or soy milk. I only use it in my cereal anymore, so it hopefully won't be that big of a deal. And I will continue to eat cheese on my sandwiches until I can find a suitable alternative.

So if you're out eating with me and I try to order something that is questionable, it is your job to stop me from clogging my arteries.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Whole milk? I think you're the only person I know who drinks whole milk. So no more Billy's? Oh and it's also about adding certain things to your diet...not just taking away (I had high cholesterol too)

iamcootis said...

I can eat Billy's, just in moderation.