Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I am trying to break your heart


Jeff Tweedy
Originally uploaded by iamcootis

You know that guy at every rock concert who knows all the names of the band's songs and yells them between songs in the order he wants to hear them? The guy seems to be on a first name basis with the lead singer, but the lead singer never acknowledges him when he says "Hey Jeff, over here, play ____________!!" And the guy always yells at the band to play 'Freebird,' even though Lynyrd Skynyrd isn't playing. And the guy who plays air guitar during guitar solos and does the running man in a packed crowd. Well, I was standing next to that guy at the Wilco show last night.
To make matters worse, that guy also had a really cute girlfriend, who appeared to not be on drugs nor affected at all when all the people around would throw a eye-rolling glance at her boyfriend everytime he would yell "Play Dreamer! Dreamer! Dreamer!" That guy would have shit his pants had Tweedy played 'Dreamer.'

I also happened to stand next to that girl. You know that girl who never lets go of her iPhone and texts messages her boyfriend during the whole show, but somehow manages to listen and dance and wave her arm in the air nearly taking out the heads of everyone around her? Luckily, that girl was only around for about 3 songs.

If you hadn't noticed, I went to the Wilco show last night. Despite my loss in hearing (I took out my earplugs...dammit) I'm glad I went. I wouldn't call myself a Wilco fanatic, but I have heard most of their songs. I usually don't like going to concerts unless I know the songs by heart. This is probably one of the best shows I've seen at Stubb's. And probably the first time I wasn't completely disappointed leaving the place. Although they could have cut the act a little short. They played forever. If I were to ever have a concert where I played for two hours I would have a 15 minute nap between the hour sets.

1 comment:

jessica said...

"That" guy was hilarious! I'm so glad you liked the show and so grateful you took me! I had a blast! Thank you!