Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun Fun Fun Fest 08


Me and St. Vincent
Originally uploaded by iamcootis
I had triple the fun this weekend with three days of craziness. Friday started out with the Austinist Local Music Is Sexy party at the Mohawk.

Hung out with T.J. of Foot Patrol and listened to him play piano for a while. Stumbled to Emo's to see Diplo to stumble right back to The Mohawk.

I'm not sure if I saw any bands on Saturday at Fun Fun Fun Fest. I do know that I drank at least 4 Foster Oil cans,3 Miller Lite tall boys, 1 Dox Equis and 1 Heineken. I think I may have seen the Dead Milkmen, Trail of the Dead, Deerhoof, Swinging Utters and YACHT.
The afterparty was at the Mohawk. Then headed to Creekside to see a coworker's band, Babydick. The night ended at Bull McCabe's.

Sunday, I was tired of drinking so I watched Spinto Band, Annuals, Islands, St. Vincent and Bouncing Souls. On my way out, I ran into Annie Clark of St. Vincent. I should have made my move then.

On the way to the show Saturday, Rob and I called a cab to come pick us up. When the cabbie pulled up we saw two other guys trying to flag our cab down. We asked if they wanted to share our cab. The driver started yelling at us, "No, No, NO..their cab is waiting over there on Windsor street."
So the driver goes around the corner and sees that the driver on Windsor has already left, so he goes back to pick up the guys. We get about a block from where we're going so we ask the guy to let us out. We say we want to split it with these guys, but they only have a credit card. He says he can't do credit cards, so we try to give him cash. For some reason, the driver is so pissed at this point, he just tells us to get out without paying.

No comments: